Francisco was marred by a power outage at the Superdome

Discussion générale autour de Heroes of the Storm

Francisco was marred by a power outage at the Superdome

par lw789 16 Avr 2018, 09:30
DALY CITY, Calif. -- Stacy Lewis noted that she was 29 and playing partner Lydia Ko was 17 when talking about their contrasting approaches to a storm delay Friday in the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic. "I think you try to stay patient during the delay more than anything, and try to stay loose," Lewis said. "I didnt sit down too much. Tried to stay up." Ko did the opposite. "I sat down, had some chicken soup, played some cards," Ko said. "I was totally relaxed." But she was careful to avoid hot chocolate. "I had a cup of hot chocolate before during a delay and next hole I hit it out of bounds," Ko said. "My mom brought me a cup and I was like, Oh, that better not be hot chocolate." Lewis overcame rain and hail to take the second-round lead, shooting her second straight 3-under 69 at Lake Merced. Winless since the Womens British Open in August, the third-ranked Lewis had a one-stroke lead over Ko and first-round leader Karine Icher. "We all went into the day knowing it would play hard," said Lewis, who has five runner-up finishes since her victory at St. Andrews. ""It was a test of patience. I took it one shot at a time and wanted to get the ball into the hole as fast as I could. Fortunately, I was able to do that." Ko had a 71, and Icher followed her opening 66 with a 73. Lewis and Ko played alongside Michelle Wie, dealing with heavy rain and hail that suspended play for just over an hour. Play resumed in steady drizzle that gave way to sunny afternoon conditions that helped several of the late starters. Wie, the winner last week in Hawaii, was even par after her second 72. The weather wavered between a slight mist and light shower before pounding the course just after noon, forcing the suspension at 12:36 p.m. "I honestly thought wed get it done," Lewis said. "Then we got to seven and it just poured. We had to call off Lydia from her putt when it started to hail." Ko, who turned 17 on Thursday and was named among TIME magazines 100 most influential people, thought she could get her putt in before being called off. "I was crazy and out of my mind thinking about putting in the hail," Ko said. "It started getting dark and Im glad I was called off." Ko returned to the course and made the putt. Icher was tied for the lead with Lewis at 5 under when the horn sounded. "I ate a little and dried my clothes," Icher said. "Rain delays are never fun but it happens. Being in the top five to start the tournament is pretty good, definitely my best start this year." Top-ranked Inbee Park, Mika Miyazato and Ilhee Lee were three strokes back at 3 under. Park had a 68 in the afternoon, Miyazato shot 69, and Lee had a 73. "It was a very good putting day and I hit a lot of fairways," Park said. "I got a little lucky with the weather. I only had to play in the rain for four holes." Miyazato finished before the delay. "The golf course was more challenging," Miyazato said. "I needed better course management." Second-ranked Suzann Pettersen, returning from a since back injury that sidelined her for three tournaments, was 2 under after a 72. Andre Holmes Jersey . The Philadelphia Eagles acquired running back Darren Sproles from the New Orleans Saints for a fifth-round draft pick on Tuesday. Nathan Peterman Jersey . "Im proud, obviously. Its been a long day, but now Im a Crystal Palace player, Im very happy," Bannan said. "The seasons been started now for a couple of weeks and Ive not featured at Villa. http://www.shoptheofficialbills.com/Eli ... ls-Jersey/. Modin, 36, tallied seven goals and three assists in 36 games with the Thrashers this season. The Sundsvall, Sweden, native has posted 232 goals and 230 assists in 894 career NHL games with Toronto, Tampa Bay, Columbus, Los Angeles and Atlanta and has appeared in 57 post-season contests, helping the Lightning capture the 2004 Stanley Cup Championship. Eric Wood Jersey . On the eve of the 2013-14 NBA season, he can finally take a step back and allow his team to do the talking. Shareece Wright Jersey . There was little fanfare, though, when the Yankees captain was taken out of his final regular-season Subway Series game in the eighth inning. Jeter watched the last four outs from the bench, pulled off the field during a double switch Thursday night as the Yankees held off the Mets 1-0. SAN ANTONIO -- The Spurs beat the Heat. Miami couldnt beat the heat. And there was the story of Game 1 of the NBA Finals. With LeBron James unable to play in the final 3:59 because of cramps throughout the left side of his body, and on a night where an air conditioning failure inside San Antonios arena had temperatures hovering near 90 degrees, the Heat simply withered in the final minutes. As their four-time MVP could only watch, Miami watched as San Antonio pulled away in the final minutes for a 110-95 win on Thursday night in the opener of the title series. "Its frustration and theres anger," James said as he lay on a training table long after the game. "But at the same time, its something you try to prevent, you try to control. I got all the fluids I needed to get. I did my normal routine Ive done. Its something that was inevitable for me tonight. "It just sucks not being out there for your team, especially at this point of the season." James scored the last of his 25 points on a layup that got Miami within two. That was the end of his night; he stood still on the baseline afterward, unable to move his left leg because of cramping. His night was over, and soon, so was the game. The Spurs outscored the Heat by 13 the rest of the way, and took the series-opener for the second straight finals. The Heat were outscored 36-17 in the fourth quarter. Dwyane Wade scored 19 points, Chris Bosh added 18 and Ray Allen scored 16 for Miami. Rashard Lewis added 10 for the Heat. "I think it felt like a punch in the gut when you see your leader limping like that back to the bench," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "But at the same time we still had an opportunity." James has dealt with cramping issues several times in the past, including during the 2012 NBA Finals against Oklahoma City -- in a game in Miami. "Were used to having the hotter arena," Spoelstra said. Spoelstra insisted that the Heat would not use the temperature as an excuse, and said James tried to return to the game shortly after the cramp knocked him out. "I just looked at him and said, Dont even think about it. You cant even move," Spoelstra said. James didnt need much convincing.dddddddddddd He knew. Cramps, he said, were affecting nearly the whole left side of his body. "Any little step or nudge, it would get worse," James said. "It would lock up even worse. My muscles would just spasm at a 10 out of 10." Tim Duncan led the Spurs with 21 points and 10 rebounds. Tony Parker added 19 points and Manu Ginobili finished with 16 points and 11 assists for San Antonio, which improved to 10-1 at home in the playoffs. James was affected throughout the second half, asking for breaks more than once, and some players placed ice bags on the backs of their necks in an effort to combat the temperature. Duncan said the heat was a significant factor in the game. "I dont know what happened to LeBron, but I think all of us were feeling the heat," Duncan said. "We were all dehydrated." If there is a bright side for James -- who used cold towels, drank what he could and even changed uniforms at halftime -- its that Game 2 isnt until Sunday. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich acknowledged afterward that James departure obviously played a role in the finish, though lauded the way his team executed in the deciding minutes. "Certainly could have been a different story. Theres no doubt about that," Popovich said. Its not the first time electricity has had a significant impact on a championship event in recent years. The Super Bowl in 2013 between Baltimore and San Francisco was marred by a power outage at the Superdome in New Orleans, interrupting play for 34 minutes. Power was the culprit in Game 1 of the finals as well, arena officials said. "An electrical failure for the power that runs the AC system in the AT&T Center has occurred," Spurs Sports and Entertainment said in a statement distributed in the second half. "We are continuing to work on resolving the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience." Many fans removed the giveaway black T-shirts handed out before the game, obviously wanting to wear as few layers inside the steamy building as possible. "Not NBA Finals worthy," Wade said of the conditions in the locker room afterward. "Ill tell you that. This is crazy." NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '